Sledding is a worldwide winter outdoor activity, it is a common recreational activity that involves the use of an object to slide down a snow- or ice-covered hill.
Your options for sleds to buy are endless, and they range from adult-only serious sporting equipment, to inflatable kids sleds with cartoon imprints. No matter what type of winter sled you go with, it’s a sure way to keep you from hibernating the winter months away.
Because we believe the best purchases come from educated decisions, we took the initiative to thoroughly research and compile this second to none review of the crème de la crème snow sleds the market has in store for you at this point in time.
How to choose the Best Snow Sled:
- Comfort: The snow sled should have a smooth surface, that offers good support, and has good shock and impact absorption capabilities.
- Size: The right item should be just right, not too large or too small. Before purchasing your snow sled, you should look at the age and weight specification.
- Portability: A perfect snow sled should be easy to carry, lightweight and compact. Moreover, It is supposed to deflate easily to occupy minimal space.
- Material: Snow sleds are often made from various materials and designs most common ones are plastic or inflatable snow tubes, thus depending on your choice and preferences you should go for the one that suits you best
Why you need a snow sled:
- Entertainment: we are all in accord that there’s nothing quite as fun and thrilling as getting outside for some exciting snow sledding during winter, for both adults and children as well especially if you love the adrenaline rush that comes with sledding.
- Convenience: due to their feature of being easy to inflate and deflate, they are easy to store and easy to set up for even the most novice of users.
- Space and portability: snow sleds are easy to store thus saving you loads of space due to their ease of deflation, moreover their lightweight features make them easy to transport to your desired sledding location.
With all that said, lets now take a look into the best of best snow sleds the market has in store for you at this point in time.
More Details on Our Best Picks:
- 10 Best Snow Sleds – Top Pickups
- 10. Slippery Racer Airdual Inflatable Snow Tube Sled, Blue
- 9. Snow Tube – Super Big 47 Inch Inflatable Snow Sled with Rapid Valves.
- 8. Zipfy Two Tone Series and Freestyle Luge Snow Sled for Kids and Adults.
- 7. Yukon Charlie’s Hammerhead Pro XLD Sled, One Size, Orange
- 6. AirheadLIVE WIRE 2 Towable Tube
- 5. Bradley Ultimate Tow-able Snow Tube Sled and Heavy Duty Cover
- 4. Snow Tube – Air Tube 39 Inch Inflatable Snow/Sled with Rapid Valves – Aqua Leisure Winter Inflatable
- 3. Bradley Snow Tube Sled with 57″ Cover
- 2. EMSCO Group Infant Boggan Ergonomic and Child Safe Design
- 1. Fat Tire Snow Tube
- To Wrap It Up
10 Best Snow Sleds – Top Pickups
This 60-inch dual rider is what will make the snow season worthwhile. Coming in a blue color, this Slippery Racer inflatable snow tube can be used by kids and adults. It comes in a good dimension to suit different users and is constructed from robust PVC material to withstand the friction and abrasion.
And if that’s not enough, it features a heavy-duty slick bottom for maximum speed and durability, apart from being coated with slippery racer exclusive ice vex cold-resistant treatment to withstand freezing temperatures.
Moreover, it is crafted with 4 reinforced handle grips and is capable of comfortably accommodating two riders.
- Features slippery racer sleds, toboggan and tubes entailed in a curved design, assuring you of quality and top-notch performance.
- Crafted with a premium grade plastic with the perfect firm to flex ratio.
A-Dudu’s this snow racer is impeccable amongst the cool sleds for its exquisite glitzy and black textured body surface. The skiing dimension encompasses a dimension of 47 inches and is therein adept to house a whole family.
The gear’s body material is crafted from eco-friendly PVC element and is comprises of a highly dense layering texture, which is both comfy and long-lasting. This equipment also ranks top amongst the cool sleds for the parent house’s signature technique of applying K80 material that retains its serviceability even at minus 40 degrees of climate.
The gear is scuff-proof, anti-breakage and can withstand till 250 pounds of volume. It has a 3-in-1 inflating hose that allows puffing up in less than 60 seconds and owns a functional anti-air leaking technology.
- Simple and fast inflatable by mouth.
- Comfortable and durable capable of bearing up to 500 pounds.
Sledding will be more fun this winter season when riding on this Firefly Red-colored snow tube sled. The accessory is targeted at users of all ages, both adults and kids and is super easy to inflate.
With this magnificent lightweight and compact snow sled, you will be able to achieve with ease exhilarating adrenaline rush while enjoying a downhill ride. Moreover, it is incredibly safe, to stop you simply need to drop your heels to slow down or come to a complete stop.
Additionally, it features a compact and super light design, making it easy to carry back uphill but sturdy enough to comfortably seat riders of all weights and sizes.
- Features extra splash of color making it a beauty and fun to ride.
- Engineered for all ages making it a worthy purchase.
The Yukon Charlies sled combines strength, performance, reliability, and elegance. It’s among the most colorful and stylish items on the market and targets users who want extreme performance.
The orange-colored sled comprises materials like powder-coated aluminum, polycarbonate, and stainless steel, all of which contribute to its sturdiness and speedy performance. It’s suitable for kids and adults and has soft rubber groups for improved handling and maximum comfort.
For improved handling, the sled comes with a convenient carry strap. It gets a thumb up for speed, strength, quality construction, and elegance.
- Entails rubber ski boots.
- Entails a carry strap for easy portability.
This snow speeder from Airhead appears to be the fittest within the coolest sleds, cardinally for its signature dual tow points, that enables you ride while sitting down or tow it the opposite direction chariot style.
The material used in its crafting is a heavy gauge RF that is welded with vinyl bladder and double-stitched full nylon cover, for self-bailing drain vents. And that’s not all, it also entails comfortable foam filled nylon handles with neoprene knuckle guards that facilitates for different riding positions.
This apparatus’s fame amidst the coolest sleds in the market, it is also enhanced by the two stitched in grips, which render extra safety to you while gliding down.
- Designed for 1-2 riders.
- Features speed safety valves for fast and easy inflation and deflation.
The Bradley ultimate towable snow tube sled is not only one of the best snow tube sleds in 2019, but also among the most popular. Thanks to its relatively large size and a strong heavy-duty industrial-grade vinyl bottom, with rapid glide anti-friction technology that can comfortably support weights as high as 425 pounds.
Moreover, it features 1300 denier polyester canvas top coated in vinyl for superior UV and protection.
Moreover, it features 2 sewn-in handles, heavy-duty tow assembly with 5000lb tensile strength making it very durable and reliable.
- Designed to pull kids behind a snowmobile.
- Very versatile, you can use it both to sled in snow or float it on a river.
4. Snow Tube – Air Tube 39 Inch Inflatable Snow/Sled with Rapid Valves – Aqua Leisure Winter Inflatable
This heavy-duty unit is constructed from tough and eco-friendly PVC and measures 39 inches inflatable snow sled with rapid valves for easy inflation and deflation. The snow tube comes with an ultra-thick 0.6mm bottom to tolerate the friction, bangs, impact, and scraping.
And priceless to say it can accommodate weights of up to 180 pounds with ease. Thanks to the K80 material, it is tolerant to extremely low temperatures up to -40 degrees.
The product uses ultra-strong environmental protection PVC material, using world class seams techniques. Giving it smooth weld, comfortable and durable characteristics.
- Very safe since it features two high negative pressure operating handle, that makes you keep balance when skiing.
- Easy to inflate and deflate.
The Bradley brand has earned itself a good reputation when it comes to snow sleds. This bright blue unit is among the brand’s top and gets positive reviews in regard to its sturdy construction, durability, easy use and kid-friendly design.
The unit may be lightweight but the stability it offers is pretty amazing. It also features a good design that provides good support while the quality materials keep the user warm even in the freezing temperatures.
Moreover, it features 2 sewn-in handles and a patent-pending sewn in tow loop and strap that secures the tube and cover.
- Entails a vinyl top.
- Cover measure is 57” making it very spacious and comfortable to use.
We gifted our first-born child with this magnificent sled on his 4th birthday last year. It performed pretty well during the festive season and he never stops asking when the snow season is coming.
The first reason we settled for this particular item was because of its decent size that could comfortably accommodate different-aged kids. We also found it to offer the best support and came with strong yet smooth material. And true to the manufacturer’s claims, this unit was engineered with child-safety in mind.
What’s even more, it features a raised foot support rails and seat area that keeps the baby above cold snow and an adjustable snap lock seatbelt that keeps the baby secure.
- Extra wide base for improved stability and safety.
- Crafted with a high quality and sturdy plastic for improved strength and durability.
Finally, at the top of the list, we have the super shiny and supper fast 22-ounce fat tire snow tube, that boasts of having the highest of quality inner tube by Rubber Master available on the market.
This premium masterpiece is undisputedly ahead of the curve in design, quality and performance. Save the environment by using the fat tire and significantly play a huge role in reducing the number of cheap plastic tubes that end up polluting the environment.
Additionally, the fat tire snow tube is used by commercial snow parks in the USA, Canada and Sweden. That’s why Slippery Racer is the brand of choice for enthusiasts, hobbyists, and snow lovers everywhere!
- Crafted with soft foam handles.
- Crafted with a water repellent fabric, perfectly complemented with tough 1,00 denier top.
To Wrap It Up
By following good reviews, not only will you save time, money, and effort but also own the best accessory the first time. We have listed the top 10 best snow sleds in 2019 by looking at the design, material, comfort, use friendliness, portability, inflating ease, durability, and affordability. You are therefore assured of excellent service all through ownership.