A planter box is a good way to make changes to your surroundings and enhance style. It is good to buy one that is made professionally like either of these in this list. You can get one that you can assemble much faster and better than those in DIY projects. The planter boxes in this list come with better materials that would be troublesome for many to set up at home with normal wood. To avoid those kinds of complications and not worry much about making mistakes, one can buy a planter box to avoid such stresses. It comes ready to start doing the business at hand.
How to choose a planter box:
- Size: Planter boxes come in different sizes. One may choose a size depending on what you want to plant. Different plants want very specific minimum types of area. In addition, a small planter box will not be able to support a huge plant, since it will not get sufficient nutrition from soil carried. Also, size matters when it comes to terms of portability. Look at the location you would like to plant and the volume used fits your purpose.
- Price: Look to it that the planter box fits your budget just right. Price generally varies because of the volume in the planter box itself. In addition, the materials used to make the planter box and outstanding features like some highlighted in this review make a difference.
Why you need a planter box:
- For gardening: If you are a gardening enthusiast who is limited with space, you can get either of these and live your dream. They will not take up too much space and you can do this without having to use too many resources.
- For décor: Planter boxes look fantastic wherever they are placed. This is because most people are drawn in by the natural colors of plants. You can do even better with these planter boxes, that instead of just flowers, you can switch it up to plants, bringing the outside in.
More Details on Our Best Picks:
- List Of The Top 10 best Planter Boxes in 2018:
- 10. CYS EXCEL Planter Box, Wood Planter, Succulent Planter
- 9. Best Value Cedar Raised Garden Bed Planter 24″ W x 96″ L x 10.5″ H
- 8. CedarCraft Elevated Spruce Planter 21x47x29 H (Gray)
- 7. Giantex Raised Garden Bed Vegetables Fruits Grow Planter
- 6. Best Choice Products Raised Vegetable Garden Bed Elevated Planter Kit Grow Gardening Vegetables
- 5. Pure Garden Plant Holder – Planter Container Box for Garden, Patio, and Lawn – Outdoor Decor by White
- 4. Bloem Fiskars 24 Inch TerraBox Planter, Color Clay
- 3. Keter Urban Bloomer 22.4 Gallon Resin Plastic Wood Look Elevated Raised Patio Garden Flower Planter Bed, Graphite
- 2. Giantex Wooden Raised Vegetable Garden Bed Elevated Planter Kit
- 1. Keter Easy Grow Patio Garden Flower Plant Planter Raised Elevated Garden Bed
List Of The Top 10 best Planter Boxes in 2018:
10. CYS EXCEL Planter Box, Wood Planter, Succulent Planter
The CYS EXCEL planter box is ideal for indoor use. It comes with up to 15 different dimensions. The smallest one has a height of 3 inches, an opening of 18 inches by 6 inches. The largest one comes with a height of 8 inches, an opening of 40 inches by 8 inches. The wood has a thickness of 8 mm. It is light brown in color. This is great for small plants, air plants or succulent. It is a great way to impress your friends and show off your gardening. This box has a natural appeal to it. It is nice container for country style garden decoration. You can use it for a stylish and contemporary arrangement.
- Many different sizes to choose
- Waterproof plastic liners
- Removable plastic liner included.
9. Best Value Cedar Raised Garden Bed Planter 24″ W x 96″ L x 10.5″ H
When buying plant boxes, we all have a kind of plant we want to use it for in mind. If you were planning to grow vegetables, I would recommend this cedar plant box to you. As the name suggests, it was made using Northern White Cedar. Cedar has so many benefits and is naturally resistant to insects and rot. You are not going to incur replacements costs any time soon.
This plant box has a Natural finish to it. The company designed it but did not treat it. In fact, it is true to say that it is unfinished and rough sawn. If you have gone through cedar options in the market, you will agree that this one here is being offered to you at the best value.
- To expand your garden, you can connect other Greenes Fence plant boxes.
- The plant boxes can also be stacked for the same purpose.
8. CedarCraft Elevated Spruce Planter 21x47x29 H (Gray)
Elevated planters are perfect for patios, balconies or backyard gardening. With this planter box from CedarCraft made in Canada, you can grow tomatoes, vegetables, herbs or flowers anywhere you want. With an elevated design, you will garden with comfort without bending or be stooping low. This design also gives protection to your plant from insects to higher degree. This planter box is made of stained Canadian spruce and aluminum legs. It comes disassembled and putting it all up together is easy and quick. This planter box is sure to serve you for many years.
- Its aluminum legs are coated with rust resistant powder.
- Includes landscape fabric.
7. Giantex Raised Garden Bed Vegetables Fruits Grow Planter
This planter box is made from 100 % cedar wood. This makes it environmentally friendly and harmless to humans. The thickness of the whole body gives it a sturdy finish that will last you for a very long time. It comes with choices of three dimensions of the box itself. The largest one has dimensions of 48.5 inches, by 22.5 inches by 30 inches. The smallest one has dimensions of 96 inches, by 24 inches by 10 inches. The leg base elevates the planter box bottom by 18.5 inches height. This makes you gardening easy as you will not strain your back doing it. This planter box brings a rough- sawn look to your outdoor aesthetics.
- Manual shows Numbered hardware assembly process and how to go about it.
- Can also be placed on the ground without supports.
6. Best Choice Products Raised Vegetable Garden Bed Elevated Planter Kit Grow Gardening Vegetables
People get too excited at times and end up completely filling the plant box. This is not a bad thing but more often than not, they fail to take into consideration the room the plants need in order to grow. You have to make sure that you will always create enough space so that they can grow proficiently. This plant box has a 46″ length and 22-inch width, which will help you achieve this easily.
It was made to last throughout the year, regardless of the season. This is possible thanks to its solid wood makeup, which is 0.75 inches thick. The plant box is elevated at a height of 30 inches, so it is perfect for individuals who have problems with leaning over.
- The plant box has a very quick assembly process.
- You will require very few tools to put it together.
5. Pure Garden Plant Holder – Planter Container Box for Garden, Patio, and Lawn – Outdoor Decor by White
Enhance the look of your outside environment with plant boxes from Pure Garden. A traditional lattice pattern on the sides of the box helps to improve the overall look of this planter box. In addition, this lattice pattern increases the structural integrity of the box itself. You can add a personal touch to your surrounding with this planter box, no matter where you are.
Whether a big house or an apartment, this will feel right in place. This planter box is made of durable white polypro propylene. The white color will never fade from this box. Moreover, when it is stained, it is easy to clean. This box measures at 14.75 inches, by 14.75 inches and 13.75 inches.
- T-shape bottom drains excess water in the bottom and lets the roots breathe.
- Easy to assemble.
4. Bloem Fiskars 24 Inch TerraBox Planter, Color Clay
This plant box is clay colored and comes in a 23.86-inch size. If you have been looking for a window display, then this box is a great place to start. It will definitely look great on a windowsill and shelf as well. The interesting thing about it is how the company made the finish so textured, to a point where it looks like natural clay. You can get this same kind of plant box, in sizes of 18 and 30 inches as well.
Bloem offers one of the most affordable means to decorate. You can use this plant box both indoors and outdoors, depending on your needs. This is definitely one of the best alternatives to ceramic and clay pots.
- It can withstand the sun’s effects because it has UV additives.
- The plant box has high-quality color pigments.
3. Keter Urban Bloomer 22.4 Gallon Resin Plastic Wood Look Elevated Raised Patio Garden Flower Planter Bed, Graphite
This is a good planter box especially for people that hate to do their gardening while crouching or for health reasons. This box is made of resin and is waterproof thus; it will not get wood rot like some other planter boxes. This plant has a couple of interesting features. It has a watering system with a reservoir. This keeps the soil at optimum moisture content capacity. A water gauge indicates how much water is in the reservoir.
It has a red and green label to indicate when to add water to the reservoir and when water is sufficient. It also contains a manual drainage tap on the bottom letting you drain excess water from the box. This also avoids messy water splashing in different directions. It comes in dimensions of 32.3 inches, by 14.7 inches and a height of 30.7 inches.
- This Keter planter box comes with a bottom shelf that can be used for storage.
- Has a seed-sprouting tray that is detachable allowing you to cultivate your seeds and seedlings.
2. Giantex Wooden Raised Vegetable Garden Bed Elevated Planter Kit
This wooden planter box from Giantex has three different sections elevated at different heights. Its total area from the top 16 feet squared. The height of each section is about 7 inches. This is perfect for different plants and vegetables with its step stair design. You can place different sized plants at different levels.
- The planter box has three different levels
- Simple to assemble.
1. Keter Easy Grow Patio Garden Flower Plant Planter Raised Elevated Garden Bed
When it comes to Keter plant boxes, you can be sure that you are dealing with something ideal. The box is designed in a way that water has to be manually drained from it. You do not have to worry about it leaking as you water the plants. Unlike other plant boxes, it does not have a plug. This one has a drainage tap on the outside. It is not removable; however, it makes things much more convenient. You will not even need a liner to use it. You can go ahead and plant directly.
This plant box has a 31.7-gallon capacity, making it capable of accommodating a variety of plants. It is a great patio addition and has a decorative aspect to it. You can use it in whichever outdoor space you have. It may be 29.8 inches high, but it does not occupy as much space as you would think.
- The plant box has a rattan pattern, which is trendy and will match patio furniture.
- It is durable and will last for a long time.
These planter boxes in this review are made professionally for you to get the most out of your small gardening needs. They are also very good for people who want a more controlled environment for their plants. In here, you get the widest range in accordance with the factors that are most important to consider. With this list, your troubles of looking for your own private little garden are eased.