Coats have been man’s best accessory for years. I can bet that every man owns a coat or jacket. Most men usually have that one favorite coat that they love to wear and in their own right think that it does them justice. Moreover, most men are not concerned about fashion trends hence that one or several coats they own can be worn for longer years when compared to women. For this and other reasons as we shall see, one really needs to get it right when buying a coat. In this article, however, we shall get to see the best coats available on the market. They are easy to buy and delivery is on point, hence click and order for the one that you fancy.
Factors to consider when buying men coats:
- Quality: The quality of fabric and construction should be right and comfortable when put on. Avoid a coat which threads hang and tear off and stick through the coat fabric as if has already been worn before. These are some of the evidence that the coat is of inferior quality.
- Type of material: Most coats are wool, synthetic, and cotton based and are considered to be best. One material is not better than the other it is just a matter of preference. Type of material usually influences the insulation property. Any other type of material would be considered, as long as it serves the purpose of why you want that coat. For example, a trench coat would be effective in winter, while a nylon coat would suffice in almost any season.
- Insulation: A coat usually is to protect one from cold weather or environment. With that said the main types of insulation to coats are wool, fleece, synthetic and down. A bit of research shows that the down property is best for coats since it provides the warmest insulation. However, everyday weather and seasons seem to change and I would recommend whatever feels right for you on that particular day is encouraged as long as it appropriate for you and the environ.
- Waterproof and wind resistance: As self-explanatory as this is, it is important to mention. This is a minimum need and most coats offer water resistance and windproof service. This can make a difference between a good and bad day.
- Extras: The details of the coat must be appealing to the eyes to provide that comfortable wear. The draw twines, pockets, waist and sleeve fittings should be right and add compliments to the coat. Other features such as hoods, zippers and wind flaps should be true to the coat to give it that nice pleasing look.
- Warranty: Be sure to check the return policy of the coat. This covers for unfortunate situations when you are disappointed with coat delivered. You can be able to return back and get the right coat you ordered. Let’s be honest men coats are not cheap hence better get what you ordered for.
Why you need a coat:
- Warmth: a palpable reason why most men buy coats. It helps one to adjust to the days change in temperature as from morning to evening. It enables one to remain healthy and away from irritating colds.
- Appearance: a coat usually adds a muscular and manly look. It gives a sense of authority and usually more than not five a sense of self-confidence. A nice jacket would go far by letting other people have an unwilling respect towards you. Men know this feeling and hence one good reason to get a coat.
- Fashion: A coat can do wonders to a man’s fashion sense. Every man has a different body structure and sometimes can hectic in choosing something to wear. But, a coat compliments most men look and can be such a confidence booster to fashionable among people.
- Hide property: why a jacket if you are not hiding anything? QED thought though but usually, this is the point. The extra tummy or perfect six-pack sometimes just has to stay hidden. Every man has a mystery about his body and what beat why to keep on a low than with a coat. Plus, the small things we carry such as wallets, business cards, and other accessories need to be out of sight. Yes, the coat does all the secret keeping without even seeming to be.
More Details on Our Best Picks:
- List Of The Top 10 men coats review 2018:
- 10. Alpine Swiss Jake Men’s Wool Pea Coat Double Breasted Jacket
- 9. Carhartt Men’s Ridge Coat Sherpa Lined Sandstone C61
- 8. Boulder Creek Men’s Big & Tall Expedition Parka
- 7 Chouyatou Men’s Vintage Stand Collar Pu Leather Jacket
- 6 Alpha Industries Men’s MA-1 Flight Bomber Jacket
- 5 Carhartt Men’s Thermal Lined Duck Active Jacket J131
- 4 Landing Leathers Men’s Air Force A-2 Leather Flight Bomber Jacket
- 3 Columbia Men’s Glennaker Lake Front-Zip Rain Jacket with Hideaway Hood
- 2. Match Mens Wool Classic Pea Coat Winter Coat
- 1. Columbia Men’s Steens Mountain Front-Zip Fleece Jacket
List Of The Top 10 men coats review 2018:
10. Alpine Swiss Jake Men’s Wool Pea Coat Double Breasted Jacket
The alpine swiss double-breasted coat kicks us off. The simple yet stylish wool pea coat would add to a fine need coat list for every man. This is a perfect example that coat that lasts for years and still keeps you in style and fashion of the current day. Its wool material helps one to keep warm and is windproof as well as water resistant. You can catch a taxi with this in the heavy rain without messing your shirt or suit. Various sizes are available although this would fit most adults and comes in different types of colors as well. it is fitted with two chest pockets inside as well as outer pockets for your accessories. Has a well styled and distributed paired buttons as extras that give it a stylish and sophisticated look. The price is fairly reasonable and just for the service, it will provide. Furthermore, the manufacturer donates 2500 meals every day to needy children in the U.S. and around the world. Not only would you forever look stylish but would have engaged in helping a needy child somewhere in the world.
- It is light in weight
- Provides warmth
- Good quality
9. Carhartt Men’s Ridge Coat Sherpa Lined Sandstone C61
Carhartt is one of the top coats producing company in the world. The men’s ridge coat is a jacket they brag about and deservedly so. Made from 100% cotton the jacket provides required warmth on the cold days. It is designed with normal front zipper closure two outer pockets that give it a simple yet elegant look. Have inner sleeves that fit and rib-knit storm cuffs as extras which complement the jackets look. Its trademark logo patch acts as a stamp of confirmation of its perfect make. The coat is available in various sizes and a size chart is provided for perfect size selection. Different colors are available with the frontier yellow being favourite among many. Additionally it has under collar snap for an optional hood. The elbow is nicely ruched and has a split at the back.
- Provides easy movement
- Good quality
8. Boulder Creek Men’s Big & Tall Expedition Parka
Featuring Boulder Creek, who boasts of being a monster manufacturer of high quality and well-designed coats. With products such as this big and tall expedition parka I conclude it’s a title they deserve. The interior construction includes polyester microfiber casings with a polyester fleece lining that make it extremely warm. It is said to be ‘perfect for winter for its comfortable warmth’. Olive Camano in color seems to resemble the army combat uniforms. If you don’t fancy the color, fret not, it is available in other well blended colors. It has a normal front zipper, snap-flap pocket that comprises of a hand warmer. The upper pockets have additional zip pockets. Additional elastic cuffs to enable that perfect and comfy fit. Click and check out this beautiful jacket. A man should at least own this type coat for one of those days
- Wind resistance
- Provides warmth
- Machine wash safe
7 Chouyatou Men’s Vintage Stand Collar Pu Leather Jacket
Chouyatou stand collar leather coat really stands out as a well-designed jacket for men. Today I want to believe every man owns at least one if you don’t just click and add to cart. Its leather for a first and belief is every man has to own a leather coat. The extra details are simple yet so complex in construction creating an appealing look. The stand collar has an adjustable belt and the sleeves designed with a zip cuff. Two normal pockets and one interior chest pocket. Designed as a motorcycle jacket yet you can engage easily in your normal duties with this fine coat. The inside is insulated with 100% polyester hence retains that needed warmth.
- Fits well
- Good quality
6 Alpha Industries Men’s MA-1 Flight Bomber Jacket
40 years of producing bomber jackets, Alpha Industries graces us with its presence this list. Military life plays a part in most men but we can’t all be in the military, unfortunately. Lucky for us we have alpha industries that ensure those of us who love army jackets are sorted out. This coat is made from 100% nylon ensuring it is windproof as well as resistant to water. Cotton-like shells are stuffed inside ensuring desired warmth is achieved during cold temperatures. Its most unique feature is the reversible feature to bright orange which is inner lining and can also be worn on the outside. The outer color, however, is available in various colors depending on one’s choice although sage green seems more favorable to many. The collar, sleeve cuffs, and waistband are knitted and form a very nice finishing touch to it. Extra utility pocket with a signature ribbon on the left sleeves gives it a moniker look. The jacket was inspired by virtues of strength; power and quality hence portray these positive images.
- Sturdy hence Durable
- Fits comfortably
5 Carhartt Men’s Thermal Lined Duck Active Jacket J131
No introduction is needed for this giant producer of noteworthy and well-designed coats. Carhartt’s thermal lined duck active jacket sure deserves this spot. Like a duck as it describes itself, the coat is water repellent and wind resistant. It is made from 100% cotton while the inner lining is polyester. This ensures that you keep warm and dry in cold and wet weather. Moreover, it has a drawstring hood just in case. It is a zip-front like that of a sweatshirt and logo tag giving it its confirmed signature look. The coat is simple and stylish and most non-formal workers enjoy going to work with this jacket. Do not bleach a simple wash with soap and water will do. Size chart is provided for you to order the right coat.
- Simple yet stylish
- Great quality
4 Landing Leathers Men’s Air Force A-2 Leather Flight Bomber Jacket
Halfway through the list and Landing Leathers blesses us with a flight bomber jacket. It is made from high grade, soft but tough leather that gives it its smooth feel and appearance. The stitching is done to perfection with every detail minor as well as major in place. The interior is insulated with smooth polyester lining for that glide in as you wear. It also helps to retain your body temperature from excess heat and cold. Designed as a classic fit, this gives it chest room for a comfortable feel. The manufacturer boasts of using same standards as the A-2 military version. The little extras such as the U.S flag etched on the lining make this jacket a one of kind. Additionally, a simple snap pocket for your essentials and sleeve cuffs that ensure no air blow inside to your body. This coat is hence windproof and is water resistant too. Definitely, a must have therefore click and add to cart.
- Great look jacket
- High quality and genuine material
- Smooth and perfect details finish
3 Columbia Men’s Glennaker Lake Front-Zip Rain Jacket with Hideaway Hood
The podium is usually reserved for the best of them all. And this jacket from Columbia does deserve its position. Made from 100% nylon that enables it to be water repellent and can double up as a rain jacket when need knocks. This is the type coat you won’t miss in any man’s home because of its dynamic nature of use. It can basically be used all year through in nearly every activity. Simple features such as a hideaway hood are designed for the just in case moments. Outer pockets positioned at the side are zipped while the sleeve cuffs are adjustable for that comfy fit. A signature Columbia logo is printed at the left chest area. The jacket is available in different colors as well as sizes.
- Light in weight
- Machine wash safe
2. Match Mens Wool Classic Pea Coat Winter Coat
Match seems to have found the IT factors with their Pea winter coat. This classic fit designed has a fashionable appealing look and indeed a true runner-up in this list. The outer fabric shell is from wool and polyester lining completes the interior. With such combination and a perfect stitching as it has warmth is a guaranteed factor. Styled in its cut, the coat flows bring out your shoulders and regular body fit. The collar is well designed and blends well with the double breasts button. An adjustable sleeve cuff belt forms part of the stylish extras that complement this coat. Various sizes are available as well as colors hence get one for you and yours. This is perfect for the winter season and chilly weather while you still look fashionable as you are warm.
- High-quality fabric
- Comfortable to wear
1. Columbia Men’s Steens Mountain Front-Zip Fleece Jacket
Columbia’s Steen mountain jacket takes the honors of the top coat. Not only is it the best seller this year but has a high ranking when compared to others. Just like its brother jackets from Columbia, simplicity seems to be the secret weapon for this fine product. The fleece jacket is soft and cozy to touch. It has a standing collar and a normal zipper close. The stitches are done tremendously well; an 80% fit expectation says it all. It is available in various colors as well as sizes hence click size chart for your preferred coat. Warning, this coat is so good most people wear it nearly every day. The classic fit design and simple construction contribute to that. Basically, it’s a coat that will sell without much hype, hence add to cart it is a must own.
- Comfortable to wear
- Machine wash safe
- Affordable price
Coats are have become a like a fashion necessity and a must have especially in chilly temperatures. Coats also offer a nice illusion to your body structure and complement your wear. Currently, they are available in various fabrics ranging from casual, elegant, sophisticated to extreme and outrageous look. This can make it a bit hectic to choose the best coat while shopping. But, luckily this article will help you choose some of the best men coats that everyman at minimum own one. Men are simple being, mostly, and a guarantee this coats will still rock the years to come as it has the years before.