Tents are very popular because they are versatile. The number of applications they can be used for is endless. As years go by, companies are coming up with ways to enhance them and make them more convenient than they already were. That is why there are several types of tents in the market. You can easily get tents for the specific kind of activity you want. You can get one for camping, the beach, a wedding, parties, and even one for a garage sale. We have selected some of the best large tents today, to help make your decisions easier.
More Details on Our Best Picks:
- Top 10 Best Large Tents in 2018 Reviews
- 10. Arcshell Premium Extra Large Pop Up Beach Tent UPF 50+
- 9. Hasika 4-Season 10 Persons Waterproof Large Family Tent
- 8. Summer Breeze Quick & Easy Pop Up Beach Tent
- 7. Large 10 Person Family Cabin Tent w/Front Porch
- 6. Outsunny 29′ x 21′ 10-Wall Large Party Gazebo Tent – White
- 5. Wenzel Great Basin Tent – 9 Person
- 4. CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent – 18′ x 10′
- 3. Tahoe Gear Ozark 3-Season 16 Person Large Family Cabin Tent
- 2. Browning Camping Big Horn Family/Hunting Tent
- 1. Dream House Luxury Outdoor Waterproof Canva
How to choose the best large tent:
- The design of the tent: This is important because the tent design needs to be suitable for the application you want it for. For example, you can’t use a canopy to go camping.
- The construction: The tents construction needs to be strong and able to work adequately. This is very important especially when there are people involved.
- Weather-proof capabilities: Some tents are designed to offer UV protection, while others can withstand different types of elements. Choose the right kind of tent for the application you plan to use it for.
Why you need a large tent:
- They have a bigger capacity: A large tent will accommodate more people.
- They offer shade: You will be able to enjoy yourself outdoors even on sunny days.
- They provide shelter: A large camping tent will offer you and several others, a safer place to stay in compared to sleeping without one.
Top 10 Best Large Tents in 2018 Reviews
10. Arcshell Premium Extra Large Pop Up Beach Tent UPF 50+
When you make this purchase, you are going to get; a beach tent, carry bag, 6 heavy-duty 12 inches stakes, and a stake bag as well. Arcshell offers great large tents which come in blue and orange. Both tents are of premium quality, so whichever one you choose will meet your expectations. Its construction has a large role to play in its performance.
The tent was designed with a 210D oxford floor and a 190T polyester wall. On top of that, it has even met CPAI-84 standards. This means that it is flame resistant and you have one less worry on your shoulders. The dome is extra-large, making it an excellent shelter from the sun. The tent has a UPF 50+ rating, which ensures your safety.
- It will come with 5 extra-large sandbags as well.
- The large tent is very stable.
9. Hasika 4-Season 10 Persons Waterproof Large Family Tent
The next large tent we are going to look at is from Hasika. It is a top product however new to the market. This does not make it any less important, than the rest of the large tents we are going to go through. In fact, this tent’s make-up and design have significant improvements. The company did this based on the shortcomings of the readily existent products. It has a host of modern features and a timeless peak-style construction.
The tent has been made with heavy-duty waterproof 190-denier polyester. The windows have been weatherproofed, and it also has a sewn-in polyethylene floor. The overall material has a lightweight feel to it and is rugged as well. You will have more than enough room and you will no longer feel as if you are in a bare-boned slumber shack. The tent can comfortably shelter up to 10 people.
- The tent weighs about 24lbs.
- It also has covered mesh windows.
8. Summer Breeze Quick & Easy Pop Up Beach Tent
By: Summer Breeze Easy Pop Up Beach Tent
You are going to enjoy this Summer Breeze Easy Pop Up Beach Tent. It is a great buy, especially for summer. The tent measures about 95″ wide, 52″ high and 51″ deep. Setting it up will not be an issue, although the company already catered to this beforehand. They came up with video instructions, with step by step guidance on the process. To make the video readily available, it was then uploaded to YouTube for easier access.
The tent is specially designed to protect you from any adverse effects of sunlight. It will provide 50+ UPF protection, for you, your friends and family. Other than that, it will also do a great job whenever it gets windy or it starts to rain. This is thanks to the hard-wearing 210t Ripstop fabric used to make it. The fabric is quite an upgrade and will help provide you with years of service.
- The large tent comes with a 6-month warranty.
- It has window flaps which can be used for additional privacy.
7. Large 10 Person Family Cabin Tent w/Front Porch
By: Northwest Territory
Northwest Territory has one of the most interesting large tents. Its can design is so spacious and comfortable as well. The tent features a spacious front porch, a rear door, and a room divider as well. To enable you to enjoy sitting on the porch, it was screened-in so that it could be free of bugs. This makes it a great choice if you hate bugs, or will be camping with someone who is terrified of them.
Rainy weather won’t phase you, nor will it interfere with your camping experience. The tent was made with Ever-dry coating for that purpose. The company also constructed it with a large rainfly and taped seams. Additionally, the tent’s floor is also tub-style. The set-up process is easy thanks to the company’s innovativeness. The steel poles are color coded and chain corded,
alongside the quick, connect frame hubs.
- It comes with a wheeled storage bag.
- It has 6 large inside zip windows.
6. Outsunny 29′ x 21′ 10-Wall Large Party Gazebo Tent – White
You have to have the perfect large tent for occasions as well. The Outsunny tent can be used for picnics, flea markets, parties, and weddings. Whether you need it for business or pleasure, this tent will deliver. It was designed such that you will have as much space as you need. This is because the inside of the tent does not have any columns. As a result, the floor is left wide open. You will love how stunning it looks, with its unique high peaked roof, and church windows.
The tent has a total of 10 side walls, 8 windows, and 2 solid pull-back doors. This assures you that regardless of the number of people, it will never be stuffy. The tent is very well ventilated in more ways than one. The doors help to efficiently enable cross ventilation and venting. Each side wall also has a PVC church window and can be removed if the need arises.
- The tent’s steel framework is rust resistant.
- It can block up to 90% of UV rays.
5. Wenzel Great Basin Tent – 9 Person
Large tents like this one often offer everything you need. You can’t go wrong with Wenzel! The tent measures 18 by 10 feet and has a height of 76 inches. It has two rooms and can fit up to 9 campers. The tent was built to withstand the outdoors in very pioneering ways. The weather armor polyester used to make it is rugged and has been coated with polyurethane. Because of this, the warmth in the tent will be easy to retain, and no water will make its way in. This is one of the most reliable tents you will come across.
The overall airflow in the tent will also impress you. The tent combines an updraft ventilation system, with several other ventilation points. You won’t have to worry about things like water seepage. It has a sonic-sealed polyethylene tub-style floor, which is welded to prevent that. Since the floor wasn’t sewn, there will be no needle holes at all.
- The tent has a shock-corded fiberglass frame.
- It has stakes made of steel and plastic.
4. CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent – 18′ x 10′
If you don’t have great tent setting skills, this large tent may be exactly what you need. It will take you about 2 minutes to have it up and standing. This is great, especially in situations where time is of the essence. You can instantly set up and have more time to tend to other pressing matters. The tents large capacity enables it to fit up to 3 queen air mattresses. In total 12 people can be sheltered, and very cozy at that. It measures about 18′ x 10′ and has an 80” center height. As far as the weather goes, it was designed with CORE H20 Block Technology. Rain will not be a bother thanks to the technology and rainfly as well. One other great feature about it is its electrical cord access port.
- It has wall storage pockets.
- The tent will always be neat because it also has a gear loft.
3. Tahoe Gear Ozark 3-Season 16 Person Large Family Cabin Tent
By: Tahoe Gear
Out of all companies, Tahoe Gear probably has one of the largest tents. This tent can fit up to 16 adults and can be used any time during the day. What most people love about it, is that its design allows for freedom of movement. You won’t be constricted to a certain area or staying in certain positions in the net. The easy movement is thanks to the generous wall height and 7-foot center. It can be used for warm or cool weather since the tent body was made using 1200mm polyester.
The tents have a polyethylene binding floor.
It is also very durable.
2. Browning Camping Big Horn Family/Hunting Tent
By: Browning Camping
Browning camping made this large tent with a free standing design. To ensure it has sufficient support, the tent also comes with steel uprights and fiberglass poles. Extra strength like that will make you feel more confident in the tent. The tent has a hub design which is quite unique. The tent is 15-foot x 10 foot in size and has a remarkably tall center. You will be amazed at its assembly process. All you’ll need to do is quickly snap the pole clips over the tent poles. You will find the mesh storage pockets quite helpful and the ventilation to be sufficient.
- The tent has two large doorways and 6 windows.
- It also has a mesh roof.
1. Dream House Luxury Outdoor Waterproof Canva
By: Dream House
We saved the best for last, to bring you this large tent from Dream House. This is the perfect all-season tent, to have in your possession. You can either use it as individuals, of for you and your family. The walls can be rolled up during summer, and you can keep warm during winter. One of the side walls has a stove hole to cater for this. This makes it very practical to place a camping stove during cold seasons.
The bugs will be kept out, thanks to the screen meshes on the doors and windows. It is also a highly rated windproof tent, which can withstand 30miles/hour winds. You can rest easy when facing 6- degree type of winds.
- It has a waterproof cotton canvas.
- An extra roof tarp is advisable for use when the rains get heavy.
Wrapping it up!
Our Top 10 best large tents in 2018 review, is quite comprehensive. We have tried to offer variety, which will suit different types of individuals and scenarios. The tents we listed are among the largest in the market and of the best quality available. Choose one which will meet the intended purpose and make sure it will be usable in the long-run as well.