While there are several ways to sharpen your drill bits, one of the best is to use an automatic drill sharpener. This device will make the whole process easier and more effective, as well as deliver better results than if you did it by hand or with a grinder.
As such, we took the initiative to thoroughly research and compile to you this top-notch review of the 10 most supreme drill bit sharpeners the market has in store for you at this point in time.
How to choose the best drill bit sharpeners:
- Compatibility: Most drill sharpeners are pretty compact, meaning that they can fit into most workspaces rather well. However, what you have to pay the most attention to is the size constraints of the holder so that you can be sure that you can fit all of your drill bits into the desired sharpener.
- Construction: The construction of the drill bit sharpener will define the comfort level of sharpening. Secondly, it will also determine the safety factor. A lot of risks arise while sharpening the drill bits even when you are super careful in handling them. The construction of the drill bit sharpener has to be such that all such risks are eliminated, and the sharpening act should be as effortless as possible. As a matter of fact, the construction will also determine the compactness and ease of storing.
- Speed and accuracy: Different sharpeners offer different speed and accuracy. You should check explicitly the speed and accuracy because the ones with good speed and high accuracy will always display it as a badge of honor. The speed has to be consistent as it tends to slow down in some sharpeners with the progress of time and the heat generated.
Why you need a drill bit sharpener:
Versatility: When talking about how versatile a drill bit sharpener is, we are talking about the types of metals that it can cut. Since the machine uses a diamond-studded wheel, most metals can be shaved and sharpened.
Ease of use: Although using a drill bit sharpener is much easier than doing it by hand or using a grinder, there are still some complicated mechanics that you have to follow to ensure that you’re getting the right results.
Cutting unnecessary expenses: Throwing away dull drill bits might be easier, but it can get rather expensive in the long term. It can also drive you crazy to have to drive to the store to get a replacement. Having your own drill bit sharpener provides the ultimate solution to maintaining shop equipment, cutting unnecessary expenses and also preventing the use of bad tools.
With all that said now let us take a look into the crème de la crème sharpeners, the market has in store for you at this point in time.
More Details on Our Best Picks:
- List Of The Top 10 Best Drill Bit Sharpeners in 2019:
- 10. XtremepowerUS All in 1 Multipurpose Power Drill Bit Scissor Knife Plane Chisel Sharpener
- 9. Woodstock D4144 Drill Sharpener
- 8. Neiko 10170A Electric Drill Bit Sharpener, Dual Heads | 3.5mm – 16mm.
- 7. Drill Bit Sharpener Tormek DBS-22 – The Drill Bit Sharpening Jig Attachment.
- 6. General Tools 825 Drill Grinding Attachment.
- 5. Multi-Purpose Power Sharpener Drill Bit Knife Scissor Plane Chisel Blade Knife.
- 4. Dremel 6700-01 Sharpening Station for Drill Bits, Knives, Chisels and Scissors
- 3. Drill Doctor 350X Drill Bit Sharpener.
- 2. Drill Doctor 500x Drill Bit Sharpener.
- 1. Drill Doctor 750X Drill Bit Sharpener.
List Of The Top 10 Best Drill Bit Sharpeners in 2019:
10. XtremepowerUS All in 1 Multipurpose Power Drill Bit Scissor Knife Plane Chisel Sharpener
This drill sharpener from xtremepower is of high speed and comes with the input power of 70 Watt @ 110 Volt. It can sharpen with utmost preciseness knives and scissors, the chisels, and planes sideways from drill bits. It can also sharpen the Straight Edge Chisel and the Plane Blades from 1/4″ to 2″ Wide. And if that’s not enough, It can reach the maximum speed of 4800 RPM, and the maximum wheel diameter of 2”.
Moreover, the drill is simple to mount and use for even the most novice of users. Additionally, apart from being price friendly, it comes with a specified warranty making it a worthy electrical gear to own both at home and office.
- Has multi-purpose features, since apart from drill bits, it can sharpen knives, scissors as well as chisels and planes.
- Very affordable and comes with a specified warranty upon purchase.
9. Woodstock D4144 Drill Sharpener
The magnificent D4144 Drill Sharpener product from Woodstock improves the working life of the drill bits, merely by sharpening them back to factory acceptance mode. The modifiable angle gauge enhances the matching of point angles of nearly all bits as well as countersinks functioning. It is designed with hinged neck merely to offer easy grinding of both the sides of the bit with unmatched speed and accuracy.
Moreover, apart from being fairly priced, it can sharpen drill bits from 1/8-inch to 3/4-inch with top notch precision. This gear comes in very handy both at home and work appliances.
- Adaptable to the miscellaneous drill point angles.
- Works fast and in a precise way saving you loads of time.
8. Neiko 10170A Electric Drill Bit Sharpener, Dual Heads | 3.5mm – 16mm.
This simple but precise sharpener from Neiko enables the improvement of the bit’s working life as well as maintaining the standards of the bits. It comes with two heads with visible guide holes as well as small head fits bits ranging from 3mm to about 10 mm. moreover, It also incorporates the large head matching bits ranging from 8mm to 16 mm. and that’s not all, it features a thermal protection that stops overheating while its rubber feet provides unmatched stability, firmly securing the grill to your preferred working bench, preventing slippage.
And that’s not all, it works with both carbon steel and high-speed steel, perfect for bits used on wood, metal and more.
- Features an adjustable degree of grinding.
- Offers you with high quality sharpening with precision.
7. Drill Bit Sharpener Tormek DBS-22 – The Drill Bit Sharpening Jig Attachment.
The DBS-22 sharpener from Tormek, comes with a 4-point facet which carries the point to a chisel edge merely to prevent the movement and bores-around. Additionally, the drill comes with two even cutting edges which are sharpened proportionally and functions flawlessly in unison and thus, prolongs the working life of the drill. It can grind all point angles in the range of 90 to 150 degrees. On top of that, this product enables the setting of the ideal clearance angle uniquely for each of the drill rations to about 7, 9, 11 or even 14 degrees.
And that’s not all, it features a one drill holder that sharpens drill bits from 1/8-inch to 7/8-inch, and comes with a specified warranty upon purchase.
- Compatible with all types of drill bits.
- Features four facet grinding system.
6. General Tools 825 Drill Grinding Attachment.
The 6th name to make it to our list of the best of best drill bit sharpener is probably one of the most recognized and staple tools in most tool shed. The 825-drill grinding attachment from general tools, is one of those drill sharpeners which you will need to attach to an electric bench grinder or a surface grinder. The tool itself is very compact and weighs no more than a few ounces. However, you will be surprised at how brilliantly and precise it works. It has an angle adjustable gauge that allows you to copy the angle point of almost any of your drill bit.
What’s even more, the drill grinding attachment is intended for use with ANSI, OSHA and UL approved standard electric bench grinders or surface grinders.
- Is easy to mount and use for even the most novice of users.
- Works on countersink bits and features a lightweight but compact design.
5. Multi-Purpose Power Sharpener Drill Bit Knife Scissor Plane Chisel Blade Knife.
The Multi-Purpose Power Sharpener Drill Bit Kit from ARKSEN is yet another masterpiece of multipurpose and multifunctional drill bit sharpeners on the list. It is electronic thus, requires no additional power tool in conjunction to do its job. This tool offers its service to a lot more than just drill bits, you can furthermore sharpen knives and scissors, chisel and planers. Moreover, it features an input power of 70 Watt @ 110 volt, while achieving maximum speeds of up to 6700 RPM, offering you with reliable and precise sharpening in a blink of an eye.
And if that’s not enough, the ARKSEN Sharpener Kit is lightweight and more or less compact as well. You have proper guidance and indicators marked all over so it’s pretty easy to use as well!
- Easy to use since it has indicator marks and offers adjustability.
- Can sharpen with precision a wide variety of drill bits.
4. Dremel 6700-01 Sharpening Station for Drill Bits, Knives, Chisels and Scissors
What makes the Dremel 6700-01 sharpening station to be outstanding is that it features this a standard diamond-studded wheel and three different covers. The cover dictates what kind of sharpening you can do, meaning that one is for sharp edges (knives), another is for flat edges (chisels), and finally one for drill bits. If you want an all-in-one solution, then this machine can do a lot more for you than the competition.
In addition, it also entails a chisel and plane guide with magnetic blade holder and spark guard. In a nutshell this masterpiece was crafted for those who want to get rid of unnecessary expenses, by extending the life of commonly used household accessories.
- Features a durable construction that is lightweight and compact.
- Entails a heavy duty sharpening wheel.
3. Drill Doctor 350X Drill Bit Sharpener.
With other sharpeners, the aligning system is separate from the chuck. While the Drill Doctor 350X drill bit sharpener allows for more precise measurements, it also means that you have to be more careful about what you are doing when setting up your bit to be sharpened. Thus, to make the whole process easier for beginners, this device enables you to align as you set it so that it only takes one step to complete. It’s so easy to do that some experienced sharpeners prefer this method.
What’s more, it features a professional design, that is constructed for top notch durability. It entails an industrial strength diamond sharpening wheel that wont change shape over time, complimented with a cooling design so that the bits wont heat up and lose their tampering as you sharpen them.
- Provides you with the perfect angle when sharpening every time.
- Features a very sturdy base.
2. Drill Doctor 500x Drill Bit Sharpener.
The 500x product from Drill Doctor quickly sharpens 118 to 135-degree points. It functions best in the sharpening of the masonry points. Surprisingly, this fantastic product does not require frequent maintenance, and it comes with a calibrated drill bit length setting. Additionally, it is capable of sharpening and repairing with precision overcast as well as impaired carbide, black oxide, cobalt, tin coated, high speediness steel, as well as standard twist bits.
Apart from being fairly priced, it comes with a specified warranty. Priceless to say one of the big selling points of this machine is that it is so easy to change your diamond wheel, you can do it without any extra tools or accessories.
- Works on majority of most drill bits.
- Features a professional design and construction for durability.
1. Drill Doctor 750X Drill Bit Sharpener.
By now you might be wondering why products from Drill Doctor have scooped the top three positions in this review, the answer is simple their durability and service delivery is second to none. The 750X Drill bit sharpener is no exception, featuring custom point angle sharpening, you can set any angle from 115° to 140° with precision and ease. In addition, it entails an aluminum point angle shuttle for added strength and durability. And that’s not all it comes with a back-cut split point bit for an extra narrow chisel point, making it faster to penetrate and less likely to wander on the material that you are drilling into.
- More versatile than other sharpeners.
- Perfectly works on almost all materials you may wish to sharpen.
To wrap it up:
Every craftsman must have a drill bit sharpener as they struggle with the bluntness of the drill bits and it hampers the work to a large extent, and the quality of the work becomes poor. One needs no learning or skills to get the job done correctly. Keep the parameters mentioned above in mind to purchase the drill bit sharpener that is going to be worth your investment.