A great shave sure makes you stand out and command some respect from the people around you. Every morning when your skin is at its softest and most relaxed, men who regularly shave for work will glide a razor smoothly across their beards with the intention of bringing their face regime to the next level. However, this can take a toll on your precious facial skin by causing itches and rashes and bringing about some sensitivity. That is why you need an after shave to calm irritations and eliminate razor burns while also leaving a neat shiny finish.
This explains why in spite of being developed by men, they are also borrowed by women. There are a lot of options available and it can be hard to separate the good from the bad. That’s why we’ve done the work for you. We’ve taken some of the options on the market out for a spin, and we’re ready to share our top 10 best aftershaves for men with you.
What to consider when buying aftershaves for men:
- Type of aftershave: aftershaves can be in form of gel, lotions, creams, and balms. Lotions are better for dry skin why gel and balms work best on normal skins.
- Type of skin: People with normal skin will find the splash type of aftershave best for them. Oily skin works well with splashes, lotions, and gels. Dry skin, on the other hand, should consider natural oil balm types of aftershaves especially if they are new to using aftershaves.For sensitive skin, the best choice is paraben-free and alcohol-free after shaves since they don’t sting or burn but calms and soothes easily irritated skin.
While we may want the best that the market has to offer, we should keep in mind our financial limitations. This will ensure that we don’t get too extravagant.
- Size: Aftershaves come in different sizes of containers. A larger container will ensure that the option you choose serves you for longer and gives more value for your money.
Why you need an aftershave:
- They make shaving pleasurable: after shaves prevent irritation and itching caused by razors. Again, when your skin is smoother after application, your skin is less susceptible to shaving cuts meaning your shaves will be more enjoyable.
- They make you look neat and well groomed; by eliminating razor bumps, which contribute to a fairly lousy shaving experience and unkempt appearance, aftershaves ensure that your shave is a clean and smooth as can be.
More Details on Our Best Picks:
- List of The Top 10 Best Aftershaves for Men in 2018:
- #10 L’Occitane Soothing Cade After Shave Balm for Men
- #9 NIVEA FOR MEN Sensitive Post Shave Balm 3.30 oz (Pack of 4)
- #8 Proraso After Shave Balm, Sensitive Skin, 3.4 fl oz
- #7 NIVEA Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm 3.3 Fluid Ounce (Pack of 3)
- #6 Royal Copenhagen By Royal Copenhagen For Men
- #5 Proraso After Shave Balm, Sensitive Skin, 3.4 fl oz
- #4 Cremo Unscented Post Shave Balm with Skin Clearing Formula
- #3 Paul Sebastian by Paul Sebastian for Men, Aftershave Lotion
- #2 Proraso After Shave Lotion, Refreshing, and Toning
- #1 Best After-shave Balm, Sandalwood Scent, Premium Aftershave Lotion
List of The Top 10 Best Aftershaves for Men in 2018:
#10 L’Occitane Soothing Cade After Shave Balm for Men
We all long for a fresh, nourished and hydrated face that feels as good as it looks. L’Occitane shaves balm assures re-moisturizing and replenishing finish to your shave and instantly cools and soothes skin on contact after shaving. The unsurpassed cooling and a refreshing sensation is an effect of the organic CADE essential oil, vegetable-based glycerin, bisabolol and extract of birch sap.
Shea butter is also included to protect your vulnerable skin against irritating creams and lotions used along with the aftershave. There are no greasy or oily residues left behind meaning this light paste leaves behind an excellent finishing touch, and a slight masculine calming aroma that is light enough so it can be used with your favorite deodorant.
- It helps purify and protect skin well.
- It is made from all-natural ingredients hence safe.
#9 NIVEA FOR MEN Sensitive Post Shave Balm 3.30 oz (Pack of 4)
Whenever you need to rejuvenate and bring life back to your dull, sensitive skin, show the traditional masculinity with the Nivea post shave balm. This shave balm will quickly absorb into the skin and immediately reduce minor razor burn and redness and restore skin moisture. It completely eliminates any signs of regular shaving like dry skin, irritation, and discomfort. It even includes a light touch of sweet floral odor that leaves you feeling fresh.
It is recommended by top dermatologist for therapeutic skin properties, as it contains no alcohol or other irritants. In fact, it protects your skin from such irritants. The package includes four different accessories all for shaving namely; face wash, gel, and shave balm and gel moisturizer for the best result. It is certainly a worthy investment.
- Leaves behind a light yet soothing fragrance.
- The four pieces of shaving toiletries mean more value for money and a quality finish.
#8 Proraso After Shave Balm, Sensitive Skin, 3.4 fl oz
Men with sensitive skin who tend to suffer from razor burn dry, irritated or burning face and neck have this revitalizing and conditioning shave balm recommended for them. It readily absorbs into the skin and rejuvenates and refreshes giving you a fresh new look and a touchably smooth skin.
Created from natural ingredients, men who suffer from irritations and sores after shaving will find this option very practical, and they are also great for men who use both straight and electric razors. It also makes the hair strings soft so your next shave should be an easy glide through. Men who are genuine about taking care of their facial skin should check out this amazing option.
- It is very affordable.
- No parabens, silicones, mineral oil, artificial colors or ingredients from animals extracts meaning it is safe.
#7 NIVEA Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm 3.3 Fluid Ounce (Pack of 3)
Nivea goes on with their obsession with delivering high-quality grooming products with this post-shave balm. It is another option that will revolutionize how you groom in the morning by calming the just-shaved skin and protecting against razor bumps, irritation, and razor burns and give your face a good-looking, healthy glow. You’ll love the way the balm molds in your hands with exceptional softness and leaves your face feeling smooth and healthy after gently massaging.
A single dab is enough to offer proper hydration and strength to each hair follicle from the root to its tip and the hair will look robust and oily. With this buy, you will certainly get the most for your money.
- It has a light aroma that leaves you smelling fresh.
- It is inexpensive so it is easily affordable.
#6 Royal Copenhagen By Royal Copenhagen For Men
On those evening outings when you desire a more professional finish and amazing scent to your classic shaving routine, this will suit you. This all-natural lotion will leave your skin refreshed, moisturized and toned and fight irritation, razor burns, redness, and dryness during your regular shaves. Even the toughest beard hairs that defy most tactics of grooming are sure to comply with this after-shave lotion while still nourishing the most brittle of strands by making them soft and easier to manage. The natural formula ensures there are no inflammations that may result in a shave making your daily shaving ritual worth remembering and performing every day with all the enthusiasm.
- The lotion leaves you with a manly fragrance.
- The 8 Oz container means you will be using it for a long while.
#5 Proraso After Shave Balm, Sensitive Skin, 3.4 fl oz
With this after shave lotion in your grooming arsenal, you are sure to spice up and improve your shaving experience. This is the perfect solution for any man who seeks to keep a neat and clean face appearance. The Proraso after shave balm is created naturally specifically for most sensitive kinds of skin and prevents split ends and softens beard hair. It undoes the bad effects of shaving by soothing and moisturizing while improving the skins natural defense upon regular use.
This option is praised for relieving dry, itchy skin and extinguishing any fire that may burn on the chins after having that close shave. Perfect for home use and professional use.
- It is easy to wash off your razor.
- Does not leave behind oily patches.
#4 Cremo Unscented Post Shave Balm with Skin Clearing Formula
The whole experience of shaving with a safety razor and trusty lather should be complemented with a nice cooling after shave balm as this. This soothing aftershave absorbs finely into the skin and instantly rejuvenates it without leaving any oily residue left behind. This delivers a smooth and impeccable shave that is sure to stand out. The company chose to include Salicylic Acid as a solution to razor bumps and blemishes while also making the skin fine and smooth. The post shave balm boasts anti-inflammatory qualities that help soothe irritated skin and no burning sensation so your shaves should be pleasurable experiences.
- It features a skin-clearing formula that helps fight acne.
- If you are not a fan of scents, this one has none.
- It has ingredients that keep the skin clear.
#3 Paul Sebastian by Paul Sebastian for Men, Aftershave Lotion
Paul Sebastian tends to assume you’re like most men and that shaving is part of your routine before going for evening outings. He knows that shaving exfoliates your skin so he provides this aftershave lotion to put back what shaving takes from your skin and achieve a more groomed look. It nicely absorbs into the skin provides your face true moisture making your face silky smooth.
Whenever you spare time to groom, this post-shave lotion will provide the kind of hold that a few others can by taming stray hairs and ensuring that you will always always be on top of your game. For what it costs, it is a decent choice.
- It is crazy inexpensive.
- The stylish packaging makes it an ideal gift for any gentleman.
- Features varied options of fragrance notes to choose from.
#2 Proraso After Shave Lotion, Refreshing, and Toning
Proraso continues to cement their dominance of the aftershave market with another quality product. Users attest that this after shave lotion leaves skin looking healthy and cared while minimizing irritation and keeping the skin moisturized long after application. You get to transform an otherwise dreary shaving experience into a pleasantry and make your skin look younger and refreshed. And it is great for styling too; it softens your beard by providing extra moisture giving your beard a shiny finish. And there will be no residue as long as you rinse your face properly after shaving before applying the lotion. This is truly a go-to grooming accessory.
- Menthol is included to give a cooling sensation and revitalize skin.
- Works well with all skin types.
#1 Best After-shave Balm, Sandalwood Scent, Premium Aftershave Lotion
We give it to this after shave lotion for the good job it does in calming and soothing dry irritated skin and doing away with any discomfort that might result from a close shave. It employs a formula with natural ingredients that will constrict your pores without drying out your skin leaving you with a freshly shaven face with a smooth healthy glow.
Many buyers swear by its pleasant manly sandalwood scent that is clean, mild and dissipates within a few hours and blends well with colognes. The lotion dries quickly without being greasy as you only need a little dab and you will be good to go. This is the real deal when it comes to aftershave lotions.
- It comes in a spray bottle for an easy dispensation of the lotion.
- An interactive customer service that follows up to ensure your purchase is intact.
- Ensures there are no beard bumps.
Any masculine natural savvy beards man should strive for the closest and neatest of shaves every time they grab their razor and step in front of the mirror. This is impossible without a high-quality aftershave from the listed. And you have no reason not to own one; they are cheap and ideal for any skin tone. It is high time you get serious about your grooming and click to purchase the option you find suitable for you.